It can be hard to decide which Disney hotel to stay in, especially if it is your first time. That is why we are sharing the Best Disneyland hotels California Anaheim has to offer!
There are two different types of hotels we will be looking at here – on-site and off-site. There are many perks to staying on-site at Disney but the price isn’t always worth it, depending on the type of Disney fan you are. Equally, there are many hotels and motels in the Anaheim area that are older than others; built in a different era with little opportunity or reason to renovate. Equally, there are some more expensive but much nicer and newer hotels to choose from, as well as a few renovated hotels too.
We have included both types of hotels in this post and have included the pros, cons, average price, hotel rating and our opinion on whether it is worth the price.
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn
- One of the closest hotels to Disneyland park, sitting by the Disneyland pedestrian Intersection. You could get into the park within ten minutes if queues are low.
- Breakfast is included
- Good rates for the area and standard
- Rooms are clean and newly renovated, giving it a more upscale feel.
- Rooms are generic chain hotel rooms
- Bathrooms are undersized
- Breakfast was fair; not amazing but it is decent considering it is included.
Average price: $200
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Direct park entrance to Disney California Adventure and is a 5-minute walk to Disneyland
- Luxurious hotel with high-end furnishings and design
- Rustic, southern California themed with great attention to detail
- Excellent 5-star service from cast members
- Several pools to choose from, hot tub and private cabanas.
- Some great restaurant options for adults and families
- One of the highest-priced hotels in Anaheim starting at around $590 a night with deals and discounts rare to find.
Average price: $500 – $900 for a standard room
Residence Inn Anaheim Resort
- Great option for families, with large rooms at affordable prices
- A newer hotel in the area.
- Nearby convenience stores such as Walgreens, CVS pharmacy and a Pizza Hut Express.
- Smart, stylish design made for business travellers.
- A good, spacious rooftop pool.
- A 12-minute walk to Disneyland; slightly longer than other hotels.
Average price: $160 – $220
- One of the best hotels in Anaheim full of Disney history, excellent customer service, fantastic restaurants, great pool and, of course, all things Disney.
- Includes Early admission to the parks each morning.
- Free wifi in large rooms; rooms fit up to 5 adults.
- Themed suites are available.
- A selection of great restaurants to choose from.
- Goodnight kiss interactive feature on the headboards is a nice touch.
- The hotel is actually further away than the Grand Californian and other hotels on Harbor Blvd.
- The price means this hotel is not top of this list.
Average price: $220 – $350
Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance
- Very short walk to the park
- High quality, spacious rooms with excellent facilities
- Fairly new hotel (opening in 2016)
- Great for larger families, with standard rooms sleeping up to six
- Price; still cheaper than the onsite hotel options, this hotel is still around $100 more than other off-site options.
Average price: $320 – $360
Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn
- Great price for the location (across the street from the resort’s main gate)
- Good breakfast; hot and cold buffet
- A decent standard of room, newly renovated
- Perhaps the best budget
- Children under 18 stay for free
- Undersized bathroom; consistent with the bathrooms found int Anaheim
Average price: $200 – $250
Springhill Suites Anaheim Resort
- Clean, spacious modern rooms.
- Breakfast included when booking a Disneyland package
- Great value for the facilities and amenities
- Fireworks viewing area
- Daily parking fee
- Pool is fairly small
- Can be noisy because of the number of families staying here
- One of the furthest hotels from the park on this list, but a shuttle is available from the Toy Story Land Car Park opposite
Average price: $125 – $200
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
- Retro-boardwalk themed hotel with all things Disney.
- Within a 10-minute walk of the bars, restaurants and entertainment in Downtown Disney.
- Fantastic location within the park gates.
- A range of restaurants, bars and lounges to choose from.
- Early entry to the parks
- Good views of California Adventure
- The price, room rates start at $300 and can be much higher depending on the time of travel.
- Furthest walk compared to the other on-site resorts
Average price: Starting at $300
Fairfield Inn By Marriott Anaheim Resort
- Renovated and spacious rooms; great for families.
- McDonald’s next door makes for easy quick meals
- Firework views
- There are good package offers for families.
- Not as near as other hotels, around a 10-minute walk to the pedestrian entrance of the parks.
- Does not offer free breakfast
- Some areas of the hotel feel outdated
Average price: $180 – $250
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
- With only 104 rooms, this hotel is more peaceful and quieter than others
- Good amenities for the price, including cable TV, free Wi-Fi, iPod dock and mini-fridge
- Enjoy the hotel garden, swimming pool or even hot tub and cabanas.
- All-day dining restaurant available.
- Not the nearest hotel, 15-minute walk from Disneyland’s main gate
Average price: $100 – $150
Candy Cane Inn
- Complimentary self-parking
- Complimentary shuttle
- Breakfast included
- Great, friendly service
- Good value for money
- Outdated rooms
- Dining space is limited so it can be easier to take food back to your room.
Average Price: $150 – $190
That is our rundown of the best Disneyland hotels California Anaheim so you can choose where to stay on your next Disneyland trip! Make sure you read our Disneyland California tips before your visit.
Let us know your favourite hotel in the comments below!